Ages 18 to 30
Everyone experiences worries and anxiety. The key is to learn how to make sure these don’t get in the way of doing things you care about!
The YMCA Mindfulness Groups offer a free 7-week psychoeducational and support group for young adults ages 18-30 who experience anxiety. Participants learn healthy coping skills, connect with other young people in the community, and get support all in a safe and friendly environment.
The group provides a safe, supportive environment where youth can meet others who have had similar experiences and includes:
- Educational workshops about anxiety and other mental health related topics
- Practicing evidence-based mindfulness techniques during workshops, a proven tool to help manage anxiety
- An introduction to Acceptance & Commitment Therapy (ACT), an evidenced based therapy that uses acceptance and mindfulness strategies
- Take-home resources to help manage anxiety in between weekly meetings
- A seven-week YMCA gym membership to encourage youth to manage their anxiety through physical activity
If anxiety is impacting your life and preventing you from doing what you want or need to do, this group can help support you. Join us to learn mindfulness techniques, get helpful tools and resources, and meet other like-minded youth.
Attending an information session is mandatory prior to participating in the program. The information dates for the first cycle are January 30th and February 6th from 5:30pm-8:00pm at Foundry. The first session will begin February 13th from 5:30pm-8:00pm. Foundry is located at 1148 7th avenue.
Register for an upcoming information session by emailing us (please include your contact information and birth date).